Execute or Refer Repair
Ultimately, the end goal of a leak detection job is a fixed problem. Depending on the nature of what is found the repair can be as simple as slapping on a patch or as complex as renovating the whole pool. While some leak detectors anticipate and derive most of their profits from the repairs others prefer to refer the repair portion to someone else.
Generally repairs will fall into several categories requiring increasingly complex processes and expensive supplies:
Simple - these problems are generally handled as part of the detection job with adhesives and sealants that are a necessary part of every leak professionals tool box.
- Easily accessible leaks and separations between materials in all types of pools - Adhesives and Sealants
- Vinyl liner leaks - Vinyl Patches
- Simple cracks and separations in gunite and fiberglass pools - Epoxy Putty
- Fitting Leaks - Fitting Saver Repair System
- Seal exposed plumbing - Leakmaster Pool Glue
- Replace exposed plumbing sections/fittings - Pipe Repair Fittings, Saws and Cutters
- Stabalize and repair skimmer/gunite separation- Skimmer Injection Kit