Information Anderson Collects via the Leak Logic Service
We collect information related to you and your use of the Leak Logic Service from a variety of sources which are listed below, along with details of how we use this information.
Information we collect directly from you:
Information we collect indirectly or passively:
- Registration Information. You need to create a Leak Logic account on the service before you can begin using the service. Our account signup collects your name, email address, password, phone number, company name, country and time zone.
- Billing Information. If you make a payment to Anderson for your Leak Logic account, we require that you provide your billing details, including name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder. Anderson Mfg. Co., Inc. does not store or log any sensitive cardholder data provided by you we use a secure and reputable credit card processor which securely stores all card details and processes card payments.
- Account Settings. You can set various preferences and personal details within the Leak Logic Service. For example, your logo, business profile, level of service, and user information related to those users established under your account. This data is submitted via the setup pages of the Leak Logic management web portal.
- We don't share, sell, or use your app users' information. We will not contact app users established under your account via email or other means unless you specifically request us to do so. We will not sell or make available your app users’ contact or other information to any third parties, aside from what is necessary to provide the Leak Logic Service.
- App data. We store the data you and your users upload, import and otherwise submit to the app.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may store or collect your personal information or data if you explicitly send it to us for specified purposes. For example, if you give us a customer testimonial or participate in Leak Logic sponsored marketing event.
How We Use the Information Collected
- Usage data. Like most software services today, we collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This can include which various Leak Logic or Leaktools.com (Anderson’s main website) areas/pages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally our servers may keep short-term log files that record data each time a device accesses the Leak Logic Service. These log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. Anderson collects data from the device you use to access Leak Logic services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device manufacturer and model, and browser type.
- Location data. Anderson may offer location-enabled services, such as regional customization of templates and libraries and/or mapping solutions as part of the Leak Logic service. If you use those services, Anderson may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Referral data. If you arrive at a Leak Logic or Leaktools.com website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties. Anderson may collect your personal information or data from third parties, if you have given permission to those third parties to share your information.
To provide the Leak Logic Service to you:
To manage the Leak Logic Service:
- Customer support is the most common reason for us accessing your data, since often Anderson will need to view your account, data and forms in order to provide training, advice and troubleshooting.
- A number of features of the Leak Logic Service require use of your app data and/or account information in order to produce various reports and invoices that you may share with your customers or whoever you choose. Additionally various connectors and APIs may become available that give you the option to export and import data between the Leak Logic Service and other external applications. When using connectors, you may be disclosing your data to the individuals or organizations responsible for operating and maintaining such third party applications and sites. Anderson does not own or operate the external services that you choose to connect with, and you should review the privacy policies of such external services to ensure you are comfortable with the ways in which they may use the data you share with them.
Anderson may use your account information and app data for these internal-only purposes:
Who Anderson Shares Your Data With
- To maintain, monitor and enhance the Leak Logic Service.We perform internal statistical and other analyses on data we collect, including usage data, device data, referral data, app data and information from page tags, to measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use the Leak Logic Service, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve the Leak Logic Service, including to prioritize, plan and evaluate new features. Anderson may use your data for internal-only purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example, the platform operator has automated systems that screen content for activities such as, phishing, spam, and fraud.
- To create new functionality, services or content. Anderson may internally review your usage and data for the purpose of creating new features, support content or services. Anderson may look at related statistics such as app usage and entries to publish interesting observations about these for training or marketing purposes. When Anderson does so, neither individual account holders nor app users will be identified or identifiable unless we have obtained their permission.
- To contact you about your service or account. Anderson may occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, welcome emails when you first register). You are prevented from opt-out of this type of communication since it is required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. Anderson will send you promotional emails only if you consent to us contacting you for this purpose. You can opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in these emails.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If Anderson receives a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data held to determine the appropriate response.
We share your data only with trusted third parties that are necessary for the improvement or marketing of the Leak Logic service. We will not share your data with any third party to be used for purposes which are inconsistent with what improves the Leak Logic Service for its account holders and users. Listed below are the types of data we share and with whom:
Your Data Rights
- Your email address with your organization. If the email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization, we may disclose that email address to that organization to assist the organization with its Leak Logic account administration. Don’t use a work email address for the Leak Logic Service unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this potential disclosure.
- Aggregated or anonymized data with third parties to improve or promote the Leak Logic Service. We ensure that no person can be reasonably identified or linked to any data we may share with third parties for the improvement or promotion of Leak Logic services. This may include aggregated data on the information your users collect from jobs. This information may be used to produce statistical reports that may be helpful to other clients, users, and the public in general.
- Your data if required or permitted by law. Anderson may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when Anderson believes that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there's a change in our business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of Anderson Manufacturing Company, Inc., or if Anderson undertakes a corporate reorganization, including a merger, acquisition or consolidation or any other action or transfer of company ownership, you expressly consent to Anderson transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing the Leak Logic Service. If required, Anderson will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you explicitly consent to be shared. We may occasionally explicitly ask for your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.
You can exercise the following rights over the data you store or process on the Leak Logic Service:
Anderson's Data Retention Policies
- Update your account details. You can immediately update your account information, and that of your app users, via the provided contractor and user editing pages.
- Access and correct personal information. As an account administrator, you may access and correct certain personal information that Anderson holds about you by visiting the provided user edit page. Some app users and other individuals may have certain legal rights to ascertain if we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to pursue its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. Depending on the information involved, these rights may be exercised through the user or organization edit pages previously mentioned. For all other cases, requests to exercise these rights may be directed to our support team. These rights are subject to some exceptions, such as where executing the request would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. Anderson will respond to requests to exercise these rights within a reasonable time and, where required by law or where we deem it otherwise appropriate and practicable to do so, we will honor your request.
- Delete your app data. Deleting app data may not permanently delete said data immediately. As long as you maintain an account with the Leak Logic Service, we may retain your deleted data for a limited time, but no longer than 30 days, to cover cases where you accidentally delete data and need to restore it (which you can request by contacting our support team). Anderson may retain data you or your users collect for the purpose of improving or promoting the Leak Logic Service product. In these cases any references to account holder or user information will be removed or anonymized.
- Cancel your account. To cancel and delete your account, please contact our support team. Deleting your account will cause all of your personal, billing and user information to be permanently deleted from our systems within a reasonable time period, as permitted by law, and will disable your access to the Leak Logic Service. Anderson will respond to any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law, if applicable, or without excessive delay. Anderson will promptly fulfil requests to delete personal information unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law, in which case Anderson will anonymize such data instead.
We retain your data for as long as you have an account on the Leak Logic Service, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Copies of data deleted from our servers may remain on offsite backup media for up to 30 days thereafter or for product improvement purposes, in anonymized form for longer. The following specific scenarios and timeframes apply:
Security and Other Important Information
- Data you delete within your account. You can delete data from within your account at any time. App data that you delete from your account will be rendered inaccessible but may not be immediately deleted, applicable laws permitting. We may retain your data for up to 30 days to allow restoration of data when deleted accidentally. Sometimes Anderson may retain deleted data to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for the purposes of improving the Leak Logic Service. In these cases, Anderson ensures that account holder, or user information is removed from such data except for the purposes for which Anderson has been required or directed to retain the information.
- Deletion of your Leak Logic Service account. You can request our support team to delete your account and all associated personal, billing, and user information at any time. After you initiate the deletion of your account, the account is disabled immediately, but the account and associated data may be held in our database for up to 30 days, until our next regularly scheduled deletion cycle, at which point it will be permanently deleted. You can contact our support team within that time frame to request the account be restored. Sometimes Anderson may retain data you collected to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for the purposes of improving the Leak Logic Service. In these cases, Anderson ensures that account holder and user information is removed or annonymized from such data except for the purposes for which Anderson has been required or directed to retain the information.
- App user account deleted by an account administrator. Your nominated administrator users can delete app user accounts at any time. This disables the target user account immediately, but the user and associated data may be retained by Anerson for up to 30 days prior to being deleted. Depending on when you request it, restoration of the user account may be possible by our support team.
You Are Giving the Following Express Consents
- Security. Anderson takes security seriously and we’re committed to processing your personal information and data with respect and integrity. However, regardless of the protections and precautions undertaken, there is always a risk that your personal information may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the Internet. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, contact our support team.
- Data locations. Anderson, and its third party service providers, process personal and confidential information on servers in the United States of America and possibly other countries. In some cases we may process personal and/or confidential information on a server outside your own country.
- For security reasons. We store your login details in an encrypted cookie to authenticate your identity and to keep you logged into the Leak Logic Service between usage sessions.
- To provide you with personalized content. Anderson may store user preferences, such as your default location, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- To advertise to you. Anderson, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, may place cookies when you visit our marketing website or when you open emails that are sent to you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, Anderson may evaluate which advertisements are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services. If you don’t want to receive advertisements that are tailored to you based on your anonymous online activity, you may “opt out” of many of the companies that are involved in such tailoring by going to http://optout.aboutads.info. Opting out in this way does not mean you will not receive any advertisements; it just means that you will not receive advertisements from such companies that have been tailored to you based on your activities and inferred preferences.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, Anderson has implemented on our websites and other services certain Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our websites may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves advertisements by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- Safety of Children and COPPA. Leak Logic Services are not intended for and may not permissibly be used by individuals under the age of 16. Anderson does not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 16 or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that Anderson has collected personal information from such a person, Anderson may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact our support team.
- You consent and agree that Anderson and our various affiliates and sub-processors may process your data in countries which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection as in the United States. Anderson commits to having contracts in place with these affiliates and sub-processors that include similar requirements as prevailing US protection legislation. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. If you opt-out, we will no longer be able to provide you with the Leak Logic Service.
- You consent to Anderson sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for sub-processors and affiliates when necessary to provide the Leak Logic Service.